Guntec USA 10" MOD Lite Skeletonized Handguard - M-LOK - Black
Out of Stock
- US Made
- T6 Aluminum Body
- Air Lite Series
- Nice Annodized Black Finish
- Proprietary Lightweight Aluminum Barrel Nut Included
- Total Weight Including Barrel Nut Is 7.5 oz!!
- 3 M-LOK Slots On 3 Sides of Front End Of Handguard
- Triangle / Diamond Cuts Throughout Handguard to Reduce Weight
- Rail System Slides Over Barrel Nut , And Is Locked Up Against Receiver With 6 Screws
- Tight Fit Up Against Receiver, Which Allows For A Monolithic Top Rail
- 10" Length
- Heavy Duty
- Internal Diameter: 1.34"
Ratings & Reviews
Good idea, bad execution.
by Mike -
Lightest 10 inch handguard I could find anywhere on the internet. unfortunately this is by far the only positive feature of the product.
<br>Fabrication quality is below average, some machined areas weren't even de-horned prior to finishing. Picatinny rail is out of spec. Holes on the nut and rail don't align well or rather made with very 'generous' amount of play front to back. All you rely on for the handguard to stop moving is the friction between the screw-heads and the handguard surface. Handguard-barrel nut fit is also way too sloppy.
<br>Amount of material left in places is so thin that when you grasp it firmly it flexes under you hand. I would fear that it could snap if you set your gun on the bench too hard.
<br>Hands down worst 'made in USA' product i have ever come across. I should have gone with ALG, at least they have proven track record of putting out quality mid-range product and their fabrication is on par with Geiselle.