Daniel Defense 10.3" 5.56 MK18 Pistol - 9.55" MK18 RIS II - Black
The Daniel Defense MK18 Pistol is as close a civilian can get to the "real deal" without the long wait for NFA paperwork! This pistol matches a 10.3" cold hammer forged barrel with the same RIS II quad rail handguard in use by USSOCOM since 2005, and a specially designed receiver extension to avoid classification as a rifle. With a flared magazine well and rugged, ergonomic furniture, the MK18 Pistol is unparalleled in size, weight, or performance.
- Enhanced lower receiver with flared magazine well and rear QD sling swivel cup.
- Reliable carbine length gas system balanced with a heavy buffer for smooth recoil.
- M16 cut MIL-SPEC bolt carrier group with properly staked gas key and chrome lined bore.
- 9.55" MK18 Rail Interface System (RIS) II provides plenty of accessory space and includes 3 rail covers.
- Effective flash suppressor helps tame flash from the short barrel.
- Daniel Defense overmolded pistol grip and pistol receiver extension.
- Rail has been anodized black.
Ratings & Reviews
Daniel Defense MK18
by Johnny Magnum
Purchased this "pistol" about two months ago and it is a high quality DD firearm. I put a Gemtech G5 can on it and it had an occasional stove pipe issue. I then replace bolt carrier with a Gemtech suppressed bolt carrier and also a hydraulic buffer. With the bolt set to suppressed mode the gun has had no malfunctions. I have several M4's and DD in my opinion is the best of all of them. I also have a DD V1 which has never had any issues with or without a can. I imagine the short barrel and the can are what caused the cycling issues. I also put on the newer version of the Sig arm brace which helps a lot.