Magpul Hunter 700 Stock - Remington 700 Short Action - Black
NOTE: Fits right-hand receivers only. Factory action mounting screws may vary in length. Custom grinding screws to length or obtaining longer replacements may be necessary to optimize fit with the Hunter 700. All blind floorplate ADL models will require current factory Remington hinged bottom metal or the optional Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well. Not compatible with Remington 700 DM models with proprietary detachable box magazines.
- Compatible with standard Remington 700 pattern short actions with stock Remington hinged floorplates
- Upgradeable to detachable AICS-spec magazines
- Reinforced polymer shell
- Type III hardcoat anodized A380 cast aluminum V-bedding block
- Accepts factory Remington barrels
- Compatible with aftermarket barrel profiles up to a Medium Palma (0.920" dia. 5.50" forward of the breech)
- Tapered beam design
- 60-degree grip angle from bore axis
- Adjustable length of pull from 13.0”-15.0”
- Rubber recoil buttpad included
- Optional 0.00", 0.50", and 0.75" cheek risers available (pre-fitted with 0.25" riser)
- Accepts most factory and aftermarket triggers
- M-LOK slots on forend sides and bottom
- Three dimpled drill points to install optional standard swivel studs (#10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Optional Magpul Sling Mount Kit compatible
- Left and right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s loops
- Length of pull adjustment range: ~13.0-15.0”
- Weight: 3 lbs
Magpul continues to grow and develop based on innovation, simplicity, and efficiency. At Magpul, mission driven requirements inform their product design, materials, and manufacturing, focusing on efficiency without sacrificing quality or performance.
Ratings & Reviews
MAGPUL Short Action Stock
I purchased my MAGPUL Short Action Stock and also the Trigger Guard Assembly so I can use the AIC Magazines. Took about 5 minutes to take the factory Remington Stock off and replace with MAGPUL Short Action. Really like the Stock and Cheek Rest
Hunter 700 Stock
Got it on sale which is always a plus. Primary Arms and Joeboboutfitters are my go to sites and they get the majority of my check. Great deal and fast processing to get shipment started. Great fit on short action Rem 700's. I have it on my 16.5 308. Love the look and feel. I later purchased the magazine kit that allows usage of my already expensive AICS mags. I would recommend to anyone who wants a great upgrade over the standard Hogue stocks. Haven't taken it to the range yet to report on accuracy.
Put one of these on an ill-shooting VTR in .223 and boy what a difference! great groups at 100 yds. This thing sprayed them all over with the original stock. Easy to fit, feels and fits great and fixed a huge problem.
by bigE -
I was not sure about doing this at first, I was worried about fit and actually doing the change out. I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE SURPRISED. This may have been the easiest job I have ever done to any gun ever. I have a Remington 700 ADL tactical in .22-250 heavy barrel. Took the old stock off , installed the magpul magwell for the hunter short action, fit was perfect btw, put the two screws back in to hold the action to the stock, torqued them to 55 in/lbs took 5 minutes start to finish. LOOKS AWESOME, works perfect, couldn't be happier. Magazine feed now works perfect. Shoots better, No play in stock, barrel is completely floated. Rifles shoots better, looks better, feels better.
<br>After doing this to this rifle thinking about doing it to my Ruger predator in 6.5 Creedmoor.