Trijicon ACOG 4x32 Scope Dual Illuminated Green Chevron ACSS Aurora Reticle
- Dimitri overviews ACSS Aurora features and use
- Mrgunsngear Reviews the ACSS Aurora Reticle
- 50 Stitches Steel Trijicon ACOG ACSS Aurora Review
- NEW!!! Trijicon Aurora ACSS - 800m with 5.56 Made Easy! ~Rex Reviews
- CountryMash reviews the ACSS Aurora Reticle
- Fully featured and intuitive ACSS Aurora reticle
- 50-meter bullet drop compensation gradients to 800m
- Integrated moving target leads for speeds up to 40mph
- Full value wind holds for 5mph - 10mph winds from 400m to 800m
- Automatic target ranging and BDC
- 1/2 MOA tool-free click adjustments
- Fixed 4X magnification
- Expansive 36.8ft field of view at 100 yards
- Superior optical clarity and light transmission
- Green dual-illuminated, glass etched reticle powered by fiber optics and Tritium
- Incredibly rugged construction is shock proof, waterproof, and fog proof
The ACSS Aurora reticle is our very first foray into meter-based ranging and fire solutions. The feature-rich and intuitive reticle design is uncluttered, designed to communicate vital information in an efficient manner to not only increase first-hit probability but drastically reduce the time necessary to reach a firing solution to get that hit. From 300m and in, the illuminated chevron aiming point provides wicked-quick snap shooting capability and both-eyes open engagement, so you never lose peripheral vision. The outer tips of the chevron pull double duty as leads for targets moving 3.1mph perpendicular to the shooter. For targets moving a bit faster, the two lead dots on either side of the chevron are leads for a target hustling along at 8.6mph. Aurora even compensates for mounted targets up to 40mph!
For engagements 400m and out, the integrated bullet drop compensation and wind leads come into play. The tried and true ACSS auto-ranging system allows for near-instant range estimation, which enables rapid transition to the BDC system that offers holdovers in 50m increments out to an impressive 800 meters. The real world often involves wind, and ACSS Aurora provides full value 5 and 10mph wind holds. Is the wind a little stronger or softer, maybe coming at an angle? Use the holds as a reference point and adjust accordingly. For operators in the field, no other reticle provides the combined capabilities and intuitive use of the ACSS Aurora.
Ratings & Reviews
A Better RCO
IMO, this is the best "RCO" type optic made to date. Much more usable than the standard military issue RCO with the wind holds and auto ranging capability.